- Separate the pumpkin seeds from the tringy pumpkin innards
- place in a saucepan and cover with salted water (for every 2 cups of water, use 1 Tbl salt)
- simmer for 10 minutes
- drain (but do not rinse off salt) on paper towels and pat dry
- melt 2 Tbl butter in small saucepan, toss seeds in butter to coat
- layer on cookie sheet
- roast the seeds in a 275 degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally
The crisp seeds can be eaten whole. Store in airtight container, unless you’d rather eat them…..hahahahaha in which case they will mysteriously disappear quicker than you can photograph them for your mom’s blog!!!!