- 2 qt pasta sauce
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked al dente & drained
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 10 frozen chopped spinach, thawed (squeeze extra liquid out)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
- 1/2 cup grated parmesano
- 16 oz grated mozzarella cheese
Mix the two eggs lightly with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Add ricotta and mix again. Add spinach, 1/4 c of grated parmesan, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
In a large casserole dish, or 11″ x 9″ pan:
- scoop 1/3 of sauce and spread over the bottom
- layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, overlapping edges
- spread all of ricotta mixture
- add another layer using 1/3 of noodles
- spread with layer of 1/3 of sauce
- sprinkle with all of the romano, 1/2 the mozzarella and 1/2 of the parmesan
- Add last layer of noodles
- spread thin layer of remaining sauce
- sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
You can either bake now in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until bubbling (I would recommend placing casserole dish on large cookie sheet to prevent drips), or cover with plastic wrap, seal in foil and freeze for another time.
Thaw lasagna overnight in refrigerator, remove plastic wrap and bake in 350 degree oven until bubbling.