If you love corn, then you already know there is a plethora of corn pudding and corn casserole recipes flooding the internet.
Here is my version for a quick and easy corn-lover’s casserole, great as a side dish to any dinner. Similar to cornbread, but filled with lots of corn and cheese.
- 1 1/4 cup corn meal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 oz unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 10 oz package frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Pepper Jack cheese reserved for top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a casserole dish generously.
Mix all ingredients, except the 1/2 cup reserved Monterey Jack cheese, in a large mixing bowl and pour into the casserole.