- 1 lb package of organic bread stuffing mix
- 1 recipe southern cornbread, crumbled and dried in the oven
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbl Grandma Ruth’s Poultry Rub (see recipe index)
- 1-2 quarts chicken or turkey stock
In large skillet, melt butter and sweat the onions, celery and mushrooms for a few minutes until soft.
Add 1 quart stock and seasoning and heat until simmering. Turn off heat. Add dry bread crumbs and cornbread crumbs and chopped parsley.
Stir until combined and moisten with additional stock until desired consistency.
Pack into a buttered 2 qt casserole.
Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. Baste occasionally with roasted turkey drippings.