Thirst quenching homemade lemonade…with great nutrition and none of the guilt! Lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants…not to mention fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ripe mango, peeled & seeded
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 quarts filtered or spring water
Fill your blender jar with the fruit. Sprinkle the sugar on top. Pour the lemon juice over all. Blend well.
Add juice mix to a 2 quart pitcher. Fill with water to the 2 quart mark. Taste for sweetness, adding more sugar if necessary. Chill.
You can add fresh mint or lavender if you like. Kids will probably prefer this lemonade without the herbs.
Freeze the lemonade in ice cube trays. Using these ice cubes will prevent watering down of the lemonade on a hot summer day!
You can dilute the juice mix (before mixing with water) half and half with cold ginger ale for a refreshing soft drink.